About T2 Maths Challenges
Our maths challenges are about 'thinking mathematically' in a fun, collaborative way!
- offers authentic rich tasks based upon NSW Stage 4 and 5 syllabus outcomes.
- provides scaffolded pre challenge activities.
- opportunity to compete live against other clases via a range of web 2.0.
- Investigate and manipulate their mathematical knowledge.
Participating in the challenges allows students to:
- Effectively communicate their knowledge, skills and understanding.
- Apply their learning in new situations.
- Evaluate and reflect.
- Experience a range of technologies and visual tools.
- Enhance their educational experience and provide necessary social interaction.
- Enhance their school to work skills such as problem solving, communication, team work and initiative and enterprise.
Media personality and sleek geek, Adam Spencer is patron of the T2 Maths Challenge. Amongst his many interests Adam has a long history and passion for mathematics and science. Adam holds a first class honours degree in Pure Mathematics.